Luigi Ceselli maintained a cabinet of natural history in Rome at Via Monserrato 154. The five-pointed crown shown on his mineral label is a heraldic device indicating that he was an untitled nobleman. His collection was eclectic, encompassing mineralogy, paleontology, and archeology. The mineral portion of his collection later went to the Ceselli Museum in Santa Scholastica (Subiaco, Italy).
Luigi Ceselli was a former Captain of the Papal Guard, President of the Section of Natural Sciences of the Papal Academy of the Conception, and President of the Section of Mineralogy of the Papal Academy of Quiriti.
please E-mail us at:
[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2019)
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
|Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.|
Number of labels found: 2 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 2
||54 X 78 mm,|
Inscribed "Ward Aug 1917" on the back
||35 x 73 mm|