Museum of the Belgian Congo
The Musée du Congo Belge was founded in 1898 by Belgian King Leopold II. Originally called the Musée du Congo, it became the Musée du Congo Belge in 1908, and was renamed the Musée Royal de l'Afrique Centrale in 1960. Located in Tervuren, Belgium, it houses a substantial collection of over 14,000 mineral specimens and 150,000 rock samples. Specialties include minerals (inclusing radioactive species) from Central Africa, particularly Zaire and Rwanda.
PETERSEN, O.V. et al. (1994) World Directory of Mineral Collections. Mineralogical Record, Tucson, p.47.
please E-mail us at:
[Citation format for this entry:
WILSON, Wendell E. (2019)
Biographical Archive, at www.mineralogicalrecord.com.]
|Click on thumbnail picture to see larger image.|
Number of labels found: 1 | Labels being viewed: 1 to 1
||35 x 67 mm|